Football was not yet played at schools at the time, and AB therefore started a junior department with the intention of recruiting talented young players. However, the department had to close again in 1897 due to the bad behavior of its members. In 1899, the club tried again and this time it had more success as the department's member count rose to 70 during the first year. The first two members of the new junior department were brothers Niels Bohr and Harald Bohr, who both later came to play on AB's first-team squad. Harald Bohr already debuted at AB's first-team squad at the age of 16, where he became known as the first dribble in Danish football and was dubbed Lille Bohr by the press. He always played with a white handkerchief in the pocket, which he used to measure the wind direction and strength before and during matches. Harald played four international matches with the Danish national team during his career. Niels Bohr became more famous outside the football field as a Nobel Prize winner and in his work as a professor, which was illustrated in a match against German football team Mittweida Tecnicum. In the match, Niels Bohr played as a goalkeeper, and as the ball rarely came near AB's goal, he spent the time leaning against one of the goal posts. Suddenly, a long ball was kicked toward AB's goal, which the crowd expected Niels Bohr to collect. However, he did not respond before a spectator shouted at him and the ball had already gone into the goal. After the game, he admitted that his thoughts were on a mathematical problem that he had attempted to solve by making calculations on the inside of the post.
The 2015-16 season was a successful one for the club as it bounced back from relegation to win promotion back to the Danish 1st Division at the first time of asking under the dutiful charge of manager Per Frandsen. Despite this, however, the beginning of the season proved challenging with the club suffering a heavy defeat in the first round of the Danish Cup at the hands of rivals Lyngby Boldklub and only finishing third in its group behind Hvidovre IF and Hellerup IK to progress to the Spring promotion group.
This season AB Gladsaxe has 14 wins, 9 losses and 7 draws from 30 played matches.
AB is one of the oldest football clubs in Denmark and is originally from Copenhagen. Here the club had training facilities on sterbro from 19031922. From 19231965 the club had training facilities on Nrrebro. In 1965, AB moved to Gladsaxe where the club belongs today. Most of the club's titles were won in the time in Copenhagen, especially in the 1890s and the 1940s.
FK Haugesund have achieved a run of 4 wins by 2+ goals in their 8 most recent games in Eliteserien
Akademisk Boldklub Gladsaxe (or AB) is a Danish professional football club from Gladsaxe north of Copenhagen,currently playing at the 3rd highest level of Danish domestic football in the Danish 2nd Division group 1.
At the end of the 1920s, the number of members in the youth department increased steadily, and AB began to level divide the teams. With a strong coach team led by Carl "Skomager" Hansen, the youth department achieved great success in this period and won the juniors tournament in 1928, 1929, 1930, 1932, 1933, 1937 and 1938.
IK Brage have kept a clean sheet in 4 of their last 5 home Superettan games
Click here to check the entire list.
On 22nd August 18:00 there is an interesting game of the 2. Division as HIK Hellerup host AB at the Gentofte Sportspark. Sciwin puts 55% chance for a home win, 25% for a draw and 20% for an away win in this match.
Hos GO Beauty i Hellerup er det hurtigt og nemt at bestille tid via nettet
It takes less than 2 minutes
As more supporters joined, the need for a more formal organization became apparent, and the group held a founding general assembly on August 17, 1995. The general meeting named AB's first fan club AB Forever and appointed Thomas Gram as the fan club's first president. The vision for the fan club was to take distance from violence and to give support to the team in an unconventional way, which were reflected in a variety of humorous songs and a friendly approach to supporting the team.
During the 1940s, a new generation of talented players such as Knud Bastrup-Birk, Georg Dahlfeldt and Karl Aage Hansen were raised, which helped ensure AB great success in the following years. The team already had a strong base of established players, consisting of among others Eyolf Kleven and Knud Lundberg who were in the national team in three sports (football, handball and basketball). With the former AB player Arne Kleven as coach, AB won several Copenhagen Cup finals and Danish Championships in the 1940s. The club won the Danish Championship in 1943, 1945 and 1947, silver medals in 1942, 1944 and 1949, and bronze medals in 1946 and 1948. AB won the Danish Cup final in 1942, 1944, 1945 and 1949, and were furthermore in the final in 1946. At the Olympic Games in London in 1948 where the Danish national football team won bronze, AB had six players on the team: Karl Aage Hansen, Knud Bastrup-Birk, Knud Lundberg, Poul Petersen, Ivan Jensen and Holger Seebach. In December 1948, AB's first-team squad went on a training trip to Barcelona in Spain and Algiers in Algeria where the team played two matches against FC Barcelona each of which was attended by around 40.000 spectators. The first match ended 1-1, while the second match was lost 1-2.
Hellerup vs Gladsaxe
FC KTP have won only 2 of their last 16 Ykkonen matches
More Free Football Betting Tips for 10-Jun-2019
Shortly after the foundation, on April 1, 1889, AB moved to new premises on sterbro in Copenhagen where the club during the year grew to have 104 active members and 15 passive members.
On November 24, 1997, AB was transformed from a private limited company to a limited company, and the share capital was also expanded to DKK 36,700,000. The money was invested in significant upgrades of the team, staff and facilities. At the same time, a drastic expansion of Gladsaxe Stadium, which was intended to create a foundation for a modern football business, was initiated.
After a couple of seasons in 1st Division, Tonni Nielsen was appointed as new coach in AB in 1996, and he helped lead the team to the cup final. AB had previously knocked out Brndby IF in the quarterfinals, but the club lost to F.C. Copenhagen in the final. AB also got promoted to the best Danish row Superligaen in 1996 just two years after having promoted to the second tier. AB was thus back in the best Danish series for the first time since 1973. In 1997, Christian Andersen became the new head coach. Christian Andersen represented forward-playing and technically based football, which AB became known for in the late 1990s. The success of the team culminated in 1999 when AB ended on a third place in the league and became Danish Cup Champions after having won 2-1 against AaB.
72' - 3 Yellow Card - (Hellerup IK)
In 1902, AB set up a work committee aimed at making AB a pitch owning club like neighboring club Kbenhavns Boldklub and B93 had just become. The committee collected DKK 60,000 for the financing of the facilities, which came primarily from interest free bond loans from supporters of the club. In autumn 1902, the club rented six acres of land at Lammeflleden on sterbro in Copenhagen by Copenhagen Municipality for the establishment of the new training facilities, which was put into service already in 1903.
60' - 2 Yellow Card - (Akademisk)
When the negotiations about moving AB to Gladsaxe finally went through, the construction of new training facilities began in Bagsvrd. The facilities included eight football pitches and an indoor hall, which was the largest in Northern Europe at the time. In 1965 the new facilities were ready, and AB's relocation from Nrrebro to Gladsaxe was a reality. From then on, AB had training facilities at Skovdiget in Bagsvrd and the first-team squad's home matches were played on Gladsaxe Stadium.
54' - 2 Yellow Card - (Akademisk)
20' - 1 Yellow Card - (Hellerup IK)
Intet er mere feminint end smukke, velplejede hnder og
Eksklusiv sknhedsklinik i Hellerup
SofaScore livescore is available as iPhone and iPad app, Android app on Google Play and Windows phone app. You can find us in all stores on different languages as "SofaScore". Install SofaScore app on and follow Akademisk Boldklub Gladsaxe HIK Hellerup live on your mobile!